Sex Offense Attorney in Vancouver, Washington
Being accused of a sexual offense can be a very scary time. The community often doesn’t wait for the verdict to consider you guilty, and the sentences are often severe. You need an attorney to shield you, defend your freedom and protect your reputation.
At the Law Office of Mark W. Muenster, I have 30+ years of experience as a lawyer to defend you from the moment you learn of an investigation. I can defend your rights before trial and fight for a not-guilty verdict before a jury.
I handle very serious sex offense charges, the types of charges that can change your life forever. Do not hesitate to reach out and speak with me if you or a family member has been charged with any of the following sex crimes:
- Child molestation (“rape of a child”)
- Sexual assault
- Statutory rape
A Serious Charge With Severe Consequences
A sex crime is one of the most serious charges you can face, for a variety of reasons:
- Potentially long sentences: Sex crimes almost always bring long sentences. For some of the most serious sex crimes, you can receive an indefinite sentence, and your release will depend solely on the parole board’s discretion.
- Level of proof: Very little is required to prove guilt in a sex crime. Defendants in Washington have been convicted on the testimony of a child alone, with no other corroborating evidence.
- Reputation: As soon as you are charged, the damage to your reputation can be severe, even before you are tried. I believe that my clients are innocent until proven guilty, and I will do everything within the law to protect your rights and help restore your reputation.
- Sex offender registry: If you are found guilty of a sexual offense, you will likely be required to register as a sex offender, which can cause permanent damage to your reputation.
A Strong Shield Is Your Best Defense |
Whether you have been falsely accused or have committed the crime and are willing to get help, I can help you assert and protect your rights throughout the process and seek to minimize the consequences. A not-guilty verdict might be the only way to salvage your reputation.
I have 30+ years of experience providing a strong shield for my clients. Call my Clark County office or contact me online for a free consultation.